Aurora Borealis School expects students and personnel to have high standards of conduct, appropriate dress, and appearance. A student’s dress and general appearance should not be of such extremes that it draws undue attention to the student, nor should appearance distract or interfere with the learning and teaching in the classroom.
- Positive habits of cleanliness and neatness should be exhibited.
- Visible tattoos; body piercing other than ears by females, or unnatural hair colors are not permitted.
- Safety standards require that shoes be worn at all times.
- No head coverings will be worn indoors other than with a medical exemption.
- Coats and jackets may not be worn inside.
Children should come to school dressed appropriately for the weather. In the winter and during rainy periods students should wear boots, warm coats, gloves, hats, and rain gear as necessary. All students are required to go to outside recess, weather permitting. It is the responsibility of the parent and to student to see that appropriate clothing is provided.
Parent volunteers are requested to dress appropriately.